2015 -2016 TASL- Approved Workshops
1. Classroom Management Practices that Score Big on the TEAM Rubric (1 day offered three times – September 11, 2015; January 15, 2016; June 9, 2016))
This workshop will highlight classroom management basics, strategies for supporting high expectations for all students, and basic engagement strategies. Without these in place, students are likely to tip the scale and demonstrate behavior challenges in classes. Implementation of the strategies, however, will have a strong impact on student learning and can be seen beyond the Environment domain of the TEAM rubric. Presenters will ensure administrators leave with a plan to support teachers to implement these strategies.
2. Ensuring Student Success through Standards Based Objectives and Formative Assessment (1 day offered twice – September 18, 2015; June 14, 2016)
In this workshop participants will enhance their abilities to develop (a) specific, respectfully challenging, and technically adequate standards-based instructional goals/objectives; (b) differentiated standards-based instructional goals/objectives; (c) and implement formative assessments directly linked to standards-based instructional goals/objectives; and (d) and implement strategies for summarizing formative assessment results to use in instructional decision-making. Administrators and teachers will draft a plan to share this information with others upon returning to their districts.
3. Tier 2 Strategies for Supporting Behaviorally “At Risk” Students – Or, Strategies to Keep Johnny From Coming to My Office! (1 day offered twice – October 2, 2015; December 4, 2015)
This workshop is intended to provide participants with additional strategies and interventions beyond quality Tier 1 classroom management strategies that have research support and a history of effectively supporting students with Tier 2 behavioral challenges. Most strategies can be implemented in the general education settings. Administrators will leave with a plan for adding behavioral interventions to existing RtI2 systems of academic supports.
4. Facilitating Student Success through Rigorous & Robust Academic Conversations (1 day offered three times – October 23, 2015; January 29, 2016; June 15, 2016)
The opportunity to engage in rich academic conversations cuts across content and teaching activities and is an essential component of rigorous teaching and learning. Participants in this workshop will leave with strategies to develop their students’ academic conversation skills by beginning in an arena of their strengths and building from there. Administrators will leave with a plan for guiding teachers in implementation upon returning to their districts.
5. Ensuring Student Success through Vocabulary Building Strategies (1 day offered three times – November 13, 2015; February 19, 2016; June 16, 2016)
Everyone knows the importance of directly and explicitly teaching vocabulary, but so many of us only have but a few strategies for doing this. This workshop will equip participants with specific, research based strategies to teach sustained vocabulary acquisition across all content areas. Administrators will leave with a plan for guiding teachers in implementation upon returning to their districts.
6. Foundations of Quality Tier 1 Instruction: Preparing for the First Days Back to School (2 days offered once – June 6-7, 2016)
If you realize that attention must be given to quality Tier 1 instruction in order to effectively reduce the number of students needing interventions, then this is the workshop for you. This workshop prepares you and your teachers to kick the school year off to a great start by highlighting foundational Tier 1 practices that will allow for robust, deep learning throughout the school year. Administrators and teachers will draft a plan to share this information with others upon returning to their district.
One -Day Workshop Registration Fee: Individual: $100. Teams of 4 members: $375*
Two-Day Workshop Registration Fee: Individual: $190. Teams of 4 members: $725*
*Teams exceeding 4 members – add $50/member
To register CLICK HERE for a registration form, complete, and mail to:
EdPro Development, Inc.
3102 Luwana Lane
Knoxville, TN 37917
EdPro Development is happy to bring any of these workshops to your school or district. Contact us to schedule one today!